Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Creative Space
I thought I would share a few pictures of my creative space with you. The way that my room is set up, I couldn't get a wide shot from any angle (I should have a special lens for that, but I don't). I have plans to paint the paneling, but I have had plans to do that for years, and I just can't seem to find a color or the motivation to get the job done. Also, I would like to have a chair that matches the style of the room (perhaps a white banker's chair), but I haven't gotten around to that, either. Well, here ya go!

Here's a shoddily stitched panoramic view of the room taken from a few steps up while standing in the kitchen. This picture was made awhile ago, and you'll notice as you look at the pictures I took last night, that some things have changed since then.


This is the view from the backyard door. It's the door off of the driveway and the door that everyone uses when entering my house, so this is the first view people see. By people, I mean family, because I don't think I've had more than one or two family members in my house in the past 10 years (other than my daughter's friends).

This is the view from behind the desk or facing the backyard door.
I used a pantry organizer that I bought at Walmart to store my ribbon spools. I wish I had a nice, white, wooden ribbon organizer, but I do like that this one is white...and, it's certainly functional.
A fun little bulletin board and my paint storage (the paint storage rack is from Michael's).
A close up of my avon and vintage pin bulletin board with my tin pez sign. Just a fun little thing I put together for a pop of color and to get my pins out of simply being stored in bags in drawers and various places where they were never seen.
Thanks for stopping by my blog,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. love your space, and how fun that you collect those pins. I remember them. did they have solid perfume inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they did/do have solid perfume inside. I remember my mom buying me these as a child and I couldn't resist starting a collection. I'm very sentimental to my nostalgic side.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, what a great space! Is that the MS farmhouse table? I have one, and I LOVE it! I knew being a teacher, you'd have a cool BB.

    ReplyDelete