Monday, January 11, 2010

H{ippity} Hop

Hi! I hope everyone was able to stay warm and enjoy their weekend. I know I was a big Lazy with a capital L. We had a snow day on Friday which is only the 2nd snow day we've had in 12 years, so I certainly made the most of the day. I went to Murfreesboro with my girlfriend and did a little shopping. I picked up a new Spellbinders scallop set and a few other goodies, and then came home and enjoyed the rest of my day. It was such a cold day for this area (about 15 degrees), so getting out of the car wasn't exactly what I'd call pleasant. I did have a good day, though, and it's always nice to see my best girlfriend and to do a little shopping.

The first card this week uses a sentiment from the set, "Just Wanted to Say", and some elements I cut with my new Slice that my wonderful MIL bought me for Christmas. I used Ranger Embossing powder to emboss the sentiment. I cut out a couple of scallop circle images using patterned paper and my slice, scored them, and fan folded them to make the flower elements. The leaves were also cut out using my slice. A button and some twine finished the card off and now it is ready to give to my coworker tomorrow.


The second card uses a label and a sentiment from the same set, "Just Wanted to Say". The flourish was cut out with my Slice using the basics 3 design card. I embossed the label with Ranger Distress powder. The sentiment inside the label is embossed with distress powder, too. Again, a button and some twine add the finishing touches to the card. This card is super duper simple. I cut out a bunch of shapes with my Slice (I'm still in the playing stage and am just enjoying cutting stuff), and I put them in a envelope, and they are there to use when I need them. I just picked a shape that I thought went with the stamped image, did a little arranging, and there you have it. Easy Peasy and ready in no time.
I hope you enjoyed today's blog hop and were able to make it to all the stops. Have a great rest of the day and a great week, too! Stay warm!

18 comments:

  1. WOW! Kelly, these are really cool. I love all the die cuts with the sentiment panel perfectly placed within them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly these look awesome! I think it's great that you are using your cutter for your cards!! Sounds like your "Lazy" weekend was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, these are just crazy GORGEOUS!!!! You have just inspired me to use my new Silhouette files that I have been wanting to use..THANK YOU!!!! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! I love that first one!! Wow--I need a Silhouette! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Kelly! I really have to start using my Silhouette again! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great inspiration and what a fun new toy, your Slice! *smile* Thanks for some wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card Kelly!! love that flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cute, Kelly! I love the flowers in particular. Great!!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love all the added elements! Just fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowie, this are both bold but simple...I love em:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Cards. I liked the simplicity and the wow factor in them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Luv how you created those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you are really enjoying your Slice and making some beautiful cards in the meantime! They are so elegant, love the simplicity and the homemade embellishments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Cards~~ Love them both!

    Marcy H.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! soooo pretty! love the funky flourishes-they look FAB!

    ReplyDelete