Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life and some sweetness

Hi Everyone! As you can see, Maggie's eye is healing quite nicely. Within the past couple of weeks it has looked better and better everyday. When her stitches were first removed, her eye was pointing far left...I felt terrible, but at first, it was a little creepy to look at her. There, I said it...what kind of momma am I? I got used to it, though. It's still not centered, and I don't know if it ever will be, but I'm so happy it has healed so well. I'm just sorry she had to go through everything she did...it bites, but she's a trooper...I'm not sure it ever really did bother her.





One of my precious students asked me today if I liked vanilla. I said yes. She said, "No, I mean do you like vanilla?", to which I again replied, "Yes, it's my favorite". She then asked, "But do you like vanilla ice cream and vanilla flavored food?". I said, "I love it, why?". She "I bought you something" Me "What? You did? You didn't need to do that" A few minutes later she waves me over and points to this array of vanilla strawberry goodies on her desk and says, "I bought this for you". I said, "How sweet. You didn't have to spend your money on me. Why did you do that?". To which she replied, "I wanted to because you're so special". It made me feel so good. How can you top that feeling?


I told her I was going to make her a card tonight, and middle schoolers, you just have to love 'em...She started to say Well, whooptie doo...it was so obvious, but then she stopped herself and lowered her voice at the last moment, because she knew she didn't mean it, and I knew she really wanted the card. She sometimes asks me for little scraps of stamped images that she sees on my desk for scrapbook club. And somehow I know that those little scraps make it to a special place in her notebook or inside of her locker. Anyway, I stamped the below card for her. All the images are layered...the top is flat and the other three are pop dotted at different heights. Simple, but just like the sentiment...sweet. I'll give it to her tomorrow. All the stamps are dollar stamps and are colored with my copics.



One of my favorite Greeting Farm sets(and the only one I own) is "Me Time Anya", a relatively new release. I think it will be perfect for tags to hang on body wash or baskets of bath goodies. So cute!
I used puff paint for the bubbles. I love, love, love how fluffy the bubbles look after I heat them with my heat gun. Makes me wish I was Thumbelina sized so I could hop into that little bathtub and just relax and soak. I used my copics for the coloring, scallop circle nestabilities from Spellbinder, and gemstones from Hero Arts. The purple scallop paper is shimmery which is why it was hard to get a great picture...light just so wants to bounce off of shimmer in a million different ways. Still, it's so pretty in real life. Background paper is Basic Grey Eva.
Today was a day filled with good things and sweetness. No matter what wasn't perfect in my day, I still have the , "I wanted to because you're so special,". Actually, that's why I took the picture...not for my blog, but because I wanted the memory to be documented and filed away with all those great things I want to remember forever. Find a little sweetness in one of your days this week and hold on to it...hold on tight.

4 comments:

  1. How sweet! A very precious memory for both of you I am sure. You must be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the button is no longer there, it freaked me out. Seriously I would be laying in bed about to fall asleep and Bam your dogs face with the button eye would pop into my mind. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card Kelly, glad you felt appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cards! I especially love the donut one!

    ReplyDelete