Monday, January 4, 2010

H{ippity} Hop Monday!

Good morning everyone. Welcome to this stop in {Ippity}'s first blog hop for 2010! As you are well onto your way in this morning's hop, I am probably well on my way into 2nd period math or 3rd period reading (I teach 3 classes of math...6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade, and 1 class of reading...7th grade). I so love the ability to schedule a blog post for uploading because it has allowed me to play in these Monday hops, which I've come to look forward to. For this week's hop, I decided to make a mini canvas. I picked the canvas up at the craft store last week, and I've been wanting to do something creative with it since I purchased it. Now, when I say mini, I mean mini. This canvas is 2.5 X 3.5 inches...pretty much the same size as an ATC. My original idea was to use the canvas for the house "foundation" and then add a roof, but the size of the stamp didn't work with that idea. So, instead I used it as a traditional background for a little work of art. I used stamps from the "Devoted" set that I colored with my copics. I sponged on Ranger Distress ink for the sky and the ground instead of coloring with my copics, because I was going for a softer look than I thought I would get with copics.

I stamped the tree two times and used pop dots to layer it so that it would stand out on the page. Although you can't really tell in the picture, it also made it look a little more full which is what I was hoping for.

Thanks everyone for stopping by my blog today. I have an uncanny ability to jump in at the last minute and am usually close to the bottom of the list, so if you are still with us, I appreciate it even more. Have a great rest of the day and week! I'll leave you with a recent picture of my daughter and myself...she's the pretty, young one...LOL...She is on her way to ski in Colorado this week before going back to school next week, and I already miss her like crazy!

21 comments:

  1. soooo pretty! love all the coloring-looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Looks like art I would put on my wall! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty!! And so is your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly what a neat piece of art!! This looks great on the canvas!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did! I have a couple of canvas' laying around and am going to have to try this! Great pic of you and your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, amazing Kelly, love the colours you choose.. I love working with canvas and this is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simple and way too cute! love the idea of a canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, absolutely amazing. Luv what you've done with the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE you canvas!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Also beautiful is the picture of you and your daughter!! Her coloring is similar to my daughters (she is 9) and it reminded me to spend every moment possible with her as way too soon she will JUST be coming home for the holidays.TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you extended the branch. It looks so cool with your wonderful house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my VERY FAVORITE IPPITY images/stamps...I agree...what a beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooooooo gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete