Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I love surprises and here's one for my Secret Sister!

I am a member of an online group of artists that met on the 2peas in a bucket stamping board several years ago. Every year at Christmas, we have a secret sister exchange for those that want to sign up. The requirements this year included a 20 dollar amount for the gift part and a handmade item. I had two things in mind that I wanted to make for my secret sister, and I couldn't make up my mind about them, so I made them both. The snowman arrangement was inspired by mom2christoper on 2peasin a bucket, and the tree was inspired by a similar tree in a recent art magazine I bought. For the snowman, I covered a tin bucket in patterned paper. I used the same patterned paper to make the snowman's hat and collar. I had fun picking out all the garland supplies at Michael's and even more fun making the decoration. The tree was sewn out of a remnant of upholstery fabric. I used an antique wooden spool that my mom gave me as the base, and an antique wooden star button for the top of the tree. I fell in love with both of these projects, and although I would have loved to keep them, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be to give them away, because I made them especially for my secret sister. So, in a way, they never really belonged to me. My secret sister said she loved them, and for that, it was all worth it. I've started another tree for myself, but I have no idea when I'm going to finish it. Maybe I will have time during the next two weeks. Actually, wouldn't it make a great gift for my principal? Maybe I should say goodbye right now and fix it up for Debbie. I think that's great idea!

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment